Update on fence building and plot size re-adjustment to stay within the city property line
What was accomplished:
· There was a good turn out on Sunday for the Fence Building and preparation. Many members helped clean up the wood and debris to clear the way for the awesome fence crew who worked past 4 pm.
· Apologies if you find things have been moved or disturbed. We needed to move things out of the way in your plot areas like trellises, boards etc. so there was a safe space for the fence crew to install the 4×4 cedar posts. Fence posts were installed in between your plots to minimize loss of space.
FYI: We did not clear the stones and boulders on CP land…we are hoping CP will take that away when they come to do more work on the tracks. There is a big pile of wood at the East end of the Garden by Jean’s Garden that we plan to dispose of…does anyone have a truck that can make a trip to the dump? If you have wood to throw out please use this pile. Please take any garbage home.
· Measurements were re-done to insure our raised beds and other garden structures are within our property line. The installed 4×4 posts and a thin line marks the length of the property line.
What needs to be done?
· Raised Bed Boxes that are ”over the line” on CP land need to be cut back. Some gardeners removed their North end board and moved soil so there would be access to trim back the boxes.
· The Fence Crew hope to install the fence wire on the weekend.
What can you do to help?
1. Go check your box to find out if it needs to be cut back. The fence crew have measured and marked what needs to be cut back. If you have tools and experience, please go ahead and cut back your box and reinstall the North board.
2. If you do not have tools, the fence crew will cut back your box, but please do what you can to prepare for this weekend:
· Remove the north facing end board, as well as any plants and soil for about a foot.
· Come back during the week to repair your box ASAP after the cut. It is very important that you get the north end board replaced before then fencing material is put up as you will not have access to that end to contain your soil.
Thank you from the Executive and Fence building committee.